The good news was that the galley was not in need of much work. There was only two items on the list. The biggest project was replacing a rotten spot in the floor, that was getting in really bad shape. When I purchased the boat the refrigerator was in the galley where the microwave/convection oven and storage under is now. One of the problems with the old refrigerator was that it leaked. So for years water was running out of the reefer box into the structural wood under the parquet floor. The project was to mark and remove each piece in the parquet floor. Then remove all of the substrate floor that was rotten, and then build the substrate back up of good wood.Then you had to put the pieces of the parquet back down. The pieces that I used for the new substrate were throughly soaked in Smith's penetrating epoxy. When the new floor was complete, the whole galley deck was sanded and at least a quart of Smith's penetrating epoxy poured into the wood. This will prevent rot from ever getting started in this floor again. In fact any wood that has been put into the boat with the last five years has been throughly soaked in Smith's penetrating epoxy. When the Smith's was done, I then used the orange dye on the teak and varnished.
The second project was to line the area where the stove is with a product called Structoglas. This product is a very thin (1/8") fiberglass sheet, that is very easy to work with. It also has some fire retardant qualities. One issue with the stove area was that the shelf under the stove did not go all of the way back to the hull. If you dropped something off of or behind the stove, it went into the storage area under the stove, not always the best idea. I decided to use the Structoglas as I could use a single piece of the material to form the lining for the shelf under the stove and slide it up along the hull to about the same height as the stove. This makes a nice clean installation and prevents any spills off of the stove to get into the storage area under the stove.