Dream Away Update 8-Dec-2005


I just wanted to let you know that we are not leaving Isla Mujeres on the 8th of December, as we planned. We will probably be leaving on Saturday, the 10th of December.

Because of a recent law change, October 2005, here in Mexico, concerning the temporary importation of a sail boat, I have had to delay. Damages to their facilities from hurricane Wilma has the customs folks behind schedule, and the 'new' law has everyone a little confused. I did not get our boat through customs until yesterday. Part of the process, after all of the paper work is completed, is that a person from customs must come to the boat, take a picture of it, and verify that the documentation numbers match. I had to schedule that for today, December 8th.

Katherine and I are a little superstitious, so we do not want to leave on Friday. Rather, we are going to leave on Saturday. It appears that the weather window we have been watching will remain open.

That means that we will probably be arriving in the Livingston area around the 13th to the 15th of December.

Just wanted to keep you up to date on our plans. This also means that we will be in email contact here for a couple of more days. We will plan on going into an Internet cafe today and uploading this email and downloading other email, and hope to get answers out before we leave.




WEB page http://www.dreamaway.net