DREAM AWAY Haulout, March 2003
This may seem strange that I am putting in a section concerning a haulout in 2003 late in 2004, but I wanted to explain all that was accomplished during this haulout. The bad part is that I do not have pictures of everything that was done during that time.
The goals for this haulout were many and all of them were accomplished. It was a very busy two and a half weeks, The surveyor, Jay Stormer, also did his part of the survey that was necessary with the boat out of the water. The goals were to replace the propeller shaft and install the Norscot drip less shaft seal. I also replaced the cutlass bearing on the shaft. I wanted to replace the zincs on the rudder pintles, and the wires connecting them. I also wanted to replace all of the underwater seacocks with new bronze full port flanged seacocks. The boat still had the original tapered type seacocks, that were wearing out. I wanted to raise the waterline 1.5 inches. I wanted to really clean out the bilge, and last to grind off the fiberglass lip on the wooden hatch bases so that I could install the new aluminum hatches.
The only extra item that came up was when I was replacing the zincs on the pintles, I decided to replace all of the rudder pintle bolts. Some of the bolts were showing signs of corrosion, so I am glad that they were replaced. The prop was in great shape, so no extra work was needed there.